21 August 2008

Locks of Love

My totally cute, sweet Ashley is growing up and I have mixed feelings about it. She has been growing her hair out for several years and decided this summer, before middle school started, that she would cut it off and donate it to "Locks of Love".
We decided to take "before" pictures so that we could remember her long blond hair.
I don't know who was more nervous while she got it cut, her or me! Her face went a deep shade of red when she heard the snip, snip of the scissors, and I felt a little sad to see her little girl ponytail being cut off.
Here are her totally cute "after" pictures! The haircut turned out really nice and she and I were both really happy with it. Zach, in his tactful 9 year old boy way, told her that her new haircut made her look "chubby" (Ashley and I were betting he would say "you look wierd", "chubby" was something a little more creative). I completely disagree. She does look a lot more grown up, though, and that leaves me with mixed feelings. I'm excited for her to have new experiences, but a little sad to see my little girl grow up.
She's really becoming a beautiful young lady! I'm proud of her for donating her hair to such a good cause!

2 comments:

lindygirl said...

I LOVE your haircut Ashley!!! It is so cute. You look really grown up. Did I say I LOVE it????

Jill said...

I can't believe it, but this made me cry. Seriously! I can't believe Ashley and Glen are so grown up! She is beautiful and I LOVE the new haircut!!!