27 March 2008

In memory of Grandma


We miss our dear Grandma Bryan, or as the kids affectionately called her, GGB (for great grandma Bryan). She passed away on February 24, 2008, two days after her 101st birthday. We will remember her as a beautiful, kind and genteel woman. My first meeting with her was when I was engaged to Will and he took me to see his grandma. She sent Will out to get food so she could have some girl talk just with me. She asked me how we got engaged and then told me about how Grandpa Bryan asked her. She said that they were sitting at the end of a dock with their feet swinging over the water. She said that in later years, she wondered why he would give her the ring at such a precarious place, since the ring could have easily fallen into the water and been lost forever!
Tonight, Natalie (age 5) was saying her prayer and she said, "Please bless President Hinckley in heaven so that he will have a nice day with Heavenly Father and Jesus, and please bless him so that he will teach GGB." Out of the mouth of babes...

1 comment:

Aunt Michelle said...

Oh, that is so sweet! What a cutie pie!