28 April 2008

One year shy of the big 4-0!

My wonderful husband of 12 1/2 years turned 39 on April 5. I made him a chocolate peanut butter pie (YUM!). I think that his favorite part of any birthday is getting the butane lighter out to light the candles. Maybe I should have put all 39 on this cake...
Will posed for a shot in his new hooded sweatshirt his parents gave him. It was fun to have them here to celebrate with us. Will celebrated by watching three sessions of General Conference!
Ashley and Natalie organized a little family party for him up in their bedroom, complete with crown and decorated "throne". We had a little show and some very creative games, followed by ice cream floats. It was fun. All of the kids really love their daddy and they all know that they are the most important thing in the world to him. I love him so much and can't believe how lucky I am to have such a wonderful person as a friend and husband!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Oh my gosh--isn't it SO weird that we're getting to that age? Aaron is just 3 1/2 years shy of 40 and it's weirding me out. I keep forgetting we're not in our late 20s anymore!